Use our year-end checklist to stay ahead of your accounting tasks this holiday season
December 2, 2019
With 2019 quickly coming to a close and 2020 swiftly approaching, it’s that time of year to remind you of year-end items that may require your action.
- Complete any company vehicle mileage logs. For a mileage sheet, contact our office.
- Submit accounting records to us for any year-end planning.
- Submit accounting through September to avoid increased accounting fees.
- On any employee bonuses, withhold 22% federal withholding.
- Complete a mileage sheet if you are a sole proprietor.
- Take an inventory count and valuation at your cost. (if applicable)
- Submit accounting through December 31st including;
o QB accountants copy with cut-off date of 12/31. (if applicable)
o Bank/credit card/loan statements.
o Completed mileage sheets.
o Updated information for employees. (i.e. address/name changes)
o A list of depreciable assets disposed or sold. Include the date it left your possession and the sales price. (if applicable)
o New/updated W-9’s from vendors
But wait, there’s more! Click here for further detail on the above items, a list of 2020 highlights and general reminders for business owners.